Monday, September 23, 2013

Poetry: 1 Serious, 1 Silly

Brain Burn

I want to burn my brain
char the chinks in the matter
melt my thoughts and
reduce them to marshmallow mush
oozing, goopy and dripping
turn my poisoned perceptions to ash
until I find relief



I Don't Get You*

I'm confused by your irony
I despise your inspired,
perplexed by your ambiguous high five
I hate your quinoa and kale
and all your found pieces
Your sustainability is insufferable
I'm befuddled by your ethos
I resent your exclusivity shrouded in aloofness
I want my fanny pack back!

* I wrote this before my epiphany regarding the usage of the word hate.

2 comments:

  1. These three poems (these 2 plus the later one) are awesome! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate your encouragement and kind words!!!

      Delete